Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD end user to functional

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have more than five year experience in SAP sd module as a end user. How can i start a carrier as SD implementation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially you need to Take Training on SAP-SD Module and practise well.if your company permits, you can do Associate consultant certification which costs about 40k

you also need to paticipte in sd blogs.

then start applying in the job Portals.

4 REPLIES 4

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Initially you need to Take Training on SAP-SD Module and practise well.if your company permits, you can do Associate consultant certification which costs about 40k

you also need to paticipte in sd blogs.

then start applying in the job Portals.

0 Kudos

Thanks Siva,

Can you tell me where i can go for this  Associate consultant certification. I am residing at Gurgaon at present.

0 Kudos

HI,

You can check with ATOS Siemens, JKT, SAP labs LithanGenovate . they are the authorised training partners. they will provide you the training and certification .

for more details check the below link.

https://training.sap.com/in/en/training-locations/in/jkt-gurgaon

Regards

Pitabash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Devendra,

Since you already work at a company which runs SAP, you already have access to a group of people who support SAP. Your goal is to get transferred into that group. How can you do this? Find out what your internal process is for suggesting changes. Volunteer to be the liaison between your current group and the support group. Find out who the current "super user" is and ask them how they got to be the "super user". When the next internal release of the the SAP system is under way, volunteer to help test the new release to make sure that everything works correctly.

In general, start thinking about the processes your company uses and not just how to punch the buttons to get your individual steps of the process done. Get involved in defining/refining those processes. Make yourself useful and you should be able to migrate from the "front office" (end user) to the "back office" (support of SAP system).

You should do this WITHOUT quitting your job and paying for training. Getting certified before you have experience supporting the system is a waste of money. Hiring managers want you to have BOTH hands on experience with configuration AND certification. Certification with only end user experience is better than just certification, but only a little bit. Hands-on experience without certification beats both. Hands-on experience WITH certification is a good road to success.

Please see the blogs at SAP Career Blogs and you will find several which should help you on this path.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom

P.S. Seriously, don't quit your day job. See the blogs through the links above for horror stories from folks who quit their job to get certified, assuming certification would get them a job. Use the job you have to get the job you want!