Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Analyst Help Please

former_member404507
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was wondering if you could please give me some advise if possible.

Currently the company I am working for, are moving away from IBM iSeries to SAP, the company is in Retail industry.

I joined this company as a graduate analyst programmer, but as they are moving to SAP there will be no more development, so they have offered me a role called SAP Trading Analyst.

Now I am very worried because I am not sure as this role does not involved development anymore and I have got no idea what the job marker is and if I do select this role , will there be opportunities for me if I were to leave this company.

the job role indicates that : Application Life cycle support of the SAP Retail platform including planing, management, maintenance and support.

As I mentioned above I am only a graduate who has two years experience in development in Java and .Net, so I am really scared that will there be jobs available in market if I do accept? I had a look on Itjobwatch and the average salary for SAP analyst seems better than what I was doing before.

Last question , is SAP Trading analyst and SAP analyst same thing?

I would really much appreciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Don't worry. It's a good oportunity. Think that many people are paying by the same training (or worst) that you will have, because you will have to solve real problems during the start up. For instance I began with SAP 12 years ago in a end user company (a manufacturer). After I was a consultant. Now, I am a business analyst in a Retail end user company. The main difference between an IS-Retail and the ERP is that in Retail you use articles and in ERP materials. Retail use more tables, and other concepts as assortment that retail sector needs. IS-Retail Split plants in two type of plant: distribution center and stores. And it has problems related with volume of data. So, you will archive data before other business analysits. And so on. Surely you are in the migration data, so, you will have to know functional analysis and other requirement. Sure that your company train you in ABAP and other development tools (Smartforms).

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Eduardo, you have fallen into a very good situation. Be grateful and work as hard as you can to learn everything possible during the implementation.

Best regards,

--Tom

former_member404507
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thank you very much both for your advice, it has helped me a lot to have a better and clear understanding. Seems like a very good chance me to develop my skills.

Regards,

Winner