Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ABAP Hands On.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have recently learned ABAP.

Now i want some links or materials to do my hands on. Because i can create a simple reports.But i want sample scenarios so that i can able to understand live environment.And can develop programs according to it.

Please suggets and provide me some links were i can get such material for practice.

Thanks in advance

With Warm Regards

Edited by: Akhilesh01 on Mar 9, 2012 10:13 AM

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilwsh01,

You've barely scratched the surface of ABAP. I wrote [an article about ABAP careers|http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/What_does_a_career_in_SAP_NetWeaver_Programming_look_like%3f] that you might want to check out. Your best bet at this juncture is to buy a couple ABAP books and work through every exercise they provide in order to familiarize yourself with as much of the different ABAP tasks as you can. Once you find a subspeciality which you enjoy coding the most, focus on that until you can talk intelligently to some depth across a broad range of ABAP topics as well as in more depth in one are in particular. No book learning or simulation is going to give you much credit with a hiring manager, so do your best to get hired into a programming position, any programming position (ABAP or not). Then you can at least point to your real world programming accomplishments.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

--Tom