Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS or BI: which one to choose?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have about 15 years of experience in the IT industry. Started as a developer working with VB, ASP and later .NET; then took the project management path since 2006. Mostly worked with consulting and service companies, but switched to a product company in a management role from 2008 till 2012. In this company for about a year I was given the task of overhauling a largely unused non transactional data store, and also look after the analytics reports. I was partly hands hands on in this area, having one business analyst to assist me and some timeshare from a DBA. Due to an internal restructuring, my position became redundant. In the last two years I dabbled with entrepreneurship and later completed a long pending creative project. I now want to get back into the IT industry and it looks like some reskilling may be necessary. I will be thankful if someone can suggest which will be the more appropriate SAP module for me PS or BI, given my background mentioned here. With regards to SAP, I had used an MM implementation as an end user in 2003-2004, and the PS as end user in 2005-2006.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just answering directly - Business Intelligence is more perspective than Project System

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. Is it with respect to my profile or the demand for those modules in the market?

0 Kudos

it might depends on location...(a local job market)

you said you left sap in 2006, it is too long ago to re-join PS now (just my opinion).

if you have a serious target and enough funds you may look at BI or other modern things like HANA

good luck