Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help to choose SAP Module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am an M tech(Computer Science) Fresher With no prior experience and am willing to start my career with SAP but am confused in choosing a module. Although having the technical background, I am quite interested on  business modules. So please help me out in choosing the module having scope for a freshers in Current job market.

Thanks and Regards

SUJITH

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

one thing that i wants to clear that in SAP , if you wants to be in any business module then you should have its domain knowledge, because generally company prefer those candidates having prior domain knowledge in that field, because if they have then it will be easy to modularise its business needs.

When it comes to your academics, you have done M.Tech, i am afraid why not you are choosinf any technical stuff, as there are so many tools available in sap for technical guys.

But if you are seriously looking for any business process, i will only suggest you to search about various SAP functional module, and please go through its process of working, and see in which process you find yourself more friendly, means which module will suit your mind well, then take a proper training, then search for job, but still i have a question for you that "how will you get exposure for the domain knowledge of that business process".

If you have any further query, please revert .

8 REPLIES 8

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

one thing that i wants to clear that in SAP , if you wants to be in any business module then you should have its domain knowledge, because generally company prefer those candidates having prior domain knowledge in that field, because if they have then it will be easy to modularise its business needs.

When it comes to your academics, you have done M.Tech, i am afraid why not you are choosinf any technical stuff, as there are so many tools available in sap for technical guys.

But if you are seriously looking for any business process, i will only suggest you to search about various SAP functional module, and please go through its process of working, and see in which process you find yourself more friendly, means which module will suit your mind well, then take a proper training, then search for job, but still i have a question for you that "how will you get exposure for the domain knowledge of that business process".

If you have any further query, please revert .

0 Kudos

Hello sanjeev,

Thanks for your reply, frankly speaking i don't have any knowledge about SAP, as of my friends suggestions and out of my interest towards Business modules i have chosen it to kick start my career, could u suggest me any technical module where could i have lot of chances to get an opportunity as a fresher. Am ready to strive hard to learn.But i do not have proper guidance.please let me know the better option.

Thanks & regards

SUJITH

0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

can you please tell me what are your interesting jobs, means which type of job you like most, if you will provide these info then i think i can suggest you better.

0 Kudos

hi sanjeev,

Actually am looking forward to start my career  which involves in both functional and technical aspects... instead i request you to advice me a module which have scope for a fresher to get a more opportunities in current market

0 Kudos

Functional and technical modules are totally different.

I strongly suggest don't choose both at initial stage. As you are new in SAP, so as per your interest first learn functional or technical at least 2-3 years. Then you can learn both together.

And about job scope for freshers ? I know its little tough to get a job for freshers, but its not impossible.

If your technical skill will be strong, then no one can stop you to get a good job.

0 Kudos

hi sir,

Thanks for your reply, could u please suggest me a technical module which have scope for freshers in current market

0 Kudos

Hi Sujith,

as you know its tough to get a job as an fresher in sap, but you can take sap abap initially to know the syntax and semantics used in coding of sap, later you can move towards other related modules like Workflow, UI5, Webdynpro, HANA etc.

Its tough to get a job as an fresher, but its not impossible, you have to work hard to achieve this at your level best.

When it comes to functional module, there are so many functional module exists, which you can search for its detail in google, go through the processes involved into it, and see yourself is there any module which will be more easy to learn and work if you find any module relevant to you, you can make your career instead.

0 Kudos

There are only one technical module is very running module in SAP.

That is ABAP module.