Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get job in Consultant

0 Kudos

Hi I am Sandip working in SAP PP, MM around 8+ years as a End user and now Super User. But now I wanted to get job in Consultant level. What i should do for that. Every consultancy required E2E implementation experience but my carrier Manufacturing company already implemented SAP.

So how I will fulfill my dream to be a SAP Consultant. Please help me guys...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

If possible, try switching the job within your current company.

From time to time the support team needs more people and if they see that you are currently doing a good job as a key user, that you know well the business processes in the company and that you are willing to learn configuration, they might consider giving you a chance.

And, I guess, that supporting processes that you already know and working with people that know you as well, can make the transition to consulting less stressful.

In the meantime, you can still study on your own and increase your chances of getting a job in support- you can get books or use the official SAP help site, if you can afford it - get access to a test system with configuration access.

Unfortunately, to get implementation experience you need to work on real implementations (watching videos in online courses is not the same as doing the work by yourself) and to get to work on implementations you will probably go via longer routes - after working as a support consultant, as a master data or authorizations expert.

5 REPLIES 5

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

There's good opportunities, in my view, for super users to do SAP Support consulting. Many companies outsource their SAP Support to companies like Rimini Street or Deloitte.

If you want implementation experience, I recommend taking the free Open SAP courses on S/4HANA at open.sap.com

If you want system experience in configuration, use what you learn from Open SAP and rent an S/4HANA system at cal.sap.com (SAP Cloud Appliance Library)

Lastly, take a look at the SAP Learning Journeys to see how you can build your knowledge - https://help.sap.com/doc/221f8f84afef43d29ad37ef2af0c4adf/HP_2.0/en-US/317030086f83418a94dfe94173b46...

Good luck

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

If possible, try switching the job within your current company.

From time to time the support team needs more people and if they see that you are currently doing a good job as a key user, that you know well the business processes in the company and that you are willing to learn configuration, they might consider giving you a chance.

And, I guess, that supporting processes that you already know and working with people that know you as well, can make the transition to consulting less stressful.

In the meantime, you can still study on your own and increase your chances of getting a job in support- you can get books or use the official SAP help site, if you can afford it - get access to a test system with configuration access.

Unfortunately, to get implementation experience you need to work on real implementations (watching videos in online courses is not the same as doing the work by yourself) and to get to work on implementations you will probably go via longer routes - after working as a support consultant, as a master data or authorizations expert.

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Currently I m handling any type of issues in SAP PP in current company. I have knowledge of Business process, BOM, Routing, Production process, MRP, movements, Order Teco & close activities.

But when trying to switch job they are not consider this experience, required implementation experience only.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

It is a fact that your 8+ as a end user experience will not be counted when you try outside your current organization. So, I am not sure, how many years of experience you have as a Super User and also, how far you are comfortable with standard configurations at basic level if not at higher level.

Having said that, if you are strong in basics, then, you can very well float your profile in the market. Yes as you said, there is a demand for implementation experience but it is not a mandatory in SAP market. There are lot of support projects where you can show case your talent. So to enter into IT industry, keep trying and keep learning on S/4 Hana side also, as some of the transactions have become obsolete in S/4 Hana when compared to ECC and these are the essentials when you attend interview.
Wish you All the Best

0 Kudos

hello all,

I'm happy because I found a question same as I've thought.

In current time, I have experience on automotive industry. But due to Covid pandemic, I afraid that my job can be changed, so I decided that I will focus on SAP as my main background.

Hope that I can see more advices for Sandip question!

Thanks!