Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I prepare myself for SAP ABAP and SAP HANA interview ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have learned SAP HANA from a local institute but applied for SAP ABAP developer job.I am fresher in both the cases.How can I prepare myself for the interview ? I once answered the interview and they asked me about BAPI,IDOCS,ALV,scripts etc. I could not answer anything and just told them " I am a fresher in SAP and willing to learn abap if i get the opportunity". They just told me to prepare well and answer again.

I am also looking for opportunities in BW or HANA implementation.But could not find any opportunities for fresher.

5 REPLIES 5

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan

if you are going to apply for SAP ABAP jobs then you need to learn ABAP concepts first. Good on you for being honest to the interviewers regarding your skill set

I recommend if you are going to continue, at a minimum search for ABAP (lots of discussions on SCN and also a dedicated space) and start reading up on the topics. As a start, go learn about the ones that the interviewer asked you.

When it comes to studying HANA, what exactly did you learn?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen, in SAP HANA I learnt about the following topics :

1. Data Provisioning and its techniques

2. Data Modelling - Various views

3. Data Reporting - Lumira,Crystal Reports,Web Intelligence

4. BW on HANA Integration

5. Basics of FIORI and S4/HANA.

I am not able to find openings for freshers in SAP HANA

Regards,

Shantanu

0 Kudos

Dear Shaan,

It is true that it is really hard to get fresher level opportunity in SAP HANA and it is also true that to enter in SAP Technical Landscape you must be aware of basics of ABAP.

So I would suggest you to go through with available content at SCN and ABAP Videos available on Youtube.

It would not take more than one week to get basic understanding of ABAP.

I can provide you links for some study material  and video in private message.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks bhuvnesh, initially I started learning ABAP after completing HANA course but I did not have enough rights on the system.So I am looking to start working on HANA projects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaan,

Interview will be based on what you put in you resume.

Refer to the following website for interview questions

www.http://www.sap-img.com/ and http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/

Regards,

Shaveen Kaushal