Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard to get the first experience

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please I would need suggestions.

I am new in SAP world, I have learned SAP MM online and managed to get the certification (SAP MM). I have to say that I don't have any experience in the field.

I have been looking for a job and it is quite hard because all employers are asking for at least 4 years of experience.

How can I overcome that?

Thank you very much

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Francis,

I would suggest you to get into the companies that are taking up support projects from tier 1 companies.

These tier 2 or tier 3 companies will not all the time look for experienced, They just recruit certified freshers and train them with real time objects and scenario's. and then place them in project.

You can try with these kind of companies.

Regards,

RG Nawin Krishna 

0 Kudos

Thank you so much Dear Nawin please do you have any ideas (for example websites) where I can find those kind of subcontracting companies? I am living in the States, I even made a research on internet asking for "junior sap mm positions" I ended up getting the website "recruit.net" but still, most of the positions advertised there are experienced.

0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

Most companies ask for experience (maybe just to filter), but if you have an interview and you are very convincing about your motivation (and knowledge of course) I'm sure you can get a job.

In SAP the most difficult thing is to get the first job, then if you are good, you will end your carreer working with SAP 😉

Don't give up and stay motivated.

Nicolas.

0 Kudos

Thank you very much Nicolas, one of the forum participant suggested me to look for companies that are taking up support projects from tier 1 companies because these tier 2 or tier 3 companies will not all the time look for experienced, They just recruit certified freshers and train them with real time objects and scenario's. and then place them in project.

I was wondering if there a best place (job websites)  to find those companies? do you have any idea?

0 Kudos

Hi Francis,

It would be interresting to subscribe on LinkedIn to "For Job Seekers".

I'm often contacted for Jobs by this channel. Fill in as musch as you can your profile with good keywords and head hunters will contact you or with this subscription you can see the offers and send you CV.

It's on More --> Upgrade your account --> For Job Seekers

You can join by month until you find a job.

Good Luck.

Nicolas.

Former Member
0 Kudos