Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choosing carrier as FI consultant at the age of 33?

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Name is Jayanth. I am commerce graduate and Have done MBA/MCOM from Sikkim Manipal university which is a distance learning course. I graduated  in the year 2002. As a fresher I joined a Electronic distribution company as a Finance executive. There I was in to end to end accounting using Tally. So for 2 years I worked there. Then I joined a BPO and worked for 2 years as a Senior Process executive. I was using SAP with limited access and was in to Accounts Payable. Currently I am working for a software company for almost 7 years in to Accounts Payable with full access to SAP (can use all transaction codes of AP/AR/GL HR module as well. Now at the age of 33 I would like to become FI consultant. Kindly advise me is this a right decision at  this point of carrier/age. I heard that without proper experience it is hard to get SAP consultant job but can I use my end user experience with knowledge of FI implementation(would like to join SAP FICO course) to get in to market. Also not that our company does not have any support for SAP. Please advise can I tell the interviewer that I was doing support for our company along with Accounts Payable to get in to SAP FI consultant job market. Please reply to this ASAP as I have to take and move fast.

Regards,

Jayanth

Bangalore

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To become a FI consultant, you have to be very strong about the all configuration...

All consultants are responsible only for the configuration level work...

As you have the experience of 7 years in SAP as end user..

I hope you have the experience to become a FI consultant...

But all interviewers want to know about your configuration knowledge which can be done in SPRO.

Now you can well move to consultant level...

7 years is very much enough to become a consultant... You can apply job for a fresher SAP FI consultant... Your all end user experience will be added as SAP FI module experience..

8 REPLIES 8

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To become a FI consultant, you have to be very strong about the all configuration...

All consultants are responsible only for the configuration level work...

As you have the experience of 7 years in SAP as end user..

I hope you have the experience to become a FI consultant...

But all interviewers want to know about your configuration knowledge which can be done in SPRO.

Now you can well move to consultant level...

7 years is very much enough to become a consultant... You can apply job for a fresher SAP FI consultant... Your all end user experience will be added as SAP FI module experience..

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the reply this has boosted my confidence definitely I will put loads of effort and get the FI consultant job which is my dream..

0 Kudos

You will catch your dream soon....

Just read and know about the configuration path...

Like as the most important area is Enterprise Structure configuration..

Define company

Edit, Copy, Delete, Check Company Code

Define Business Area

And all about the G/L configurations.

Read more and more about configuration level work... When you will go for a interview as a designation of SAP FI consultant, all question will come from configuration level...

Best of luck for your bright career.....

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your reply and will definitely  get back to  you when ever I need your guidance.

Regards,

Jayanth.

0 Kudos

You are on the right path. Go ahead as Dev suggested. Your end user experience will give you the edge along with the certification. Not many get such golden opportunities.

0 Kudos

Many thanks..you people are motivating me..:)

0 Kudos

Yes, as long as your concept is clear you will get it. And also you are from commerce background it will help you a  lot.

Thanks

Explorer
0 Kudos

Sir.... so Accounts Payable experience will have any benefit if someone is willing to move to SAP FICO domain.....or a fresher must look forward for a job of SAP FICO consultant .... As it is very tough to get a job in SAP as a fresher....Do the candidate with Account Payable experience get any kind of preference over other candidates.....Plz reply sir.....