Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career in SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody

I just need your help and suggestions . It will be really worthwhile if anybody can come up with answers to my question below.

I have 4 years IT experience and have been working on Project Management of Web Development Field for 1st three years and last year in Adobe Flex and have good knowledge of OOPs concepts . I have decided to switch to SAP for better prospect in order to secure my future along with handsome income. Today I went to JKT SAP ACADEMY ( SAP Authorised Training Partner listed in SAP page ) in kolkata and they suggested me to go for SAP ABAP with e-learning module upto maximum 5 months for 200 Hrs duration with a course fee of 1,76,000/- along with materials and after that pay 33K for examination fees to get SAP GERMANY CERTIFICATE after clearing it. They will provide placements like arranging interview .

Now i am thinking whether its useful to join or not after paying hefty sum ?? Is there any chances of getting job for Fresher in SAP as certified ? Can anyone suggest me please ? I also understand that ABAP is suitable for programmers with OOps concepts . Instead of joining it how good will it be to learn from Online Tutorials on our own and also with books.

Looking forward to hear from you soon all.

Thanks

Edited by: raviktg1982 on Apr 16, 2011 9:45 PM

Edited by: raviktg1982 on Apr 16, 2011 10:06 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

I suggest you have a look at the SAP Young Professionals Program within Field Services (SAP Consulting) as its most suited for your interests : -)

Touch base with me and I'd be happy to connect you with the right folks in your country at SAP who will be able to guide you further.

0 Kudos

Hi Angelo

First of all many thanks for your reply to my query. God bless you with loads of happiness and success.

Kindly let me know about SAP Young Professionals Program available in India . I am residing in Kolkata ( West Bengal) .

Any contact details if.

Thanks