Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z Implemented class

Former Member
0 Kudos

I transport Z Implemented class from dev Clint to another dev when I try to edit any method it is not allow me to edit or change and it is behave like standard program.

Kindly if any one solve this problem before guide me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed

The source system of your z-class is different from the current (new) development system. Therefore, you cannot edit your class.

If you move repository objects from one DEV system to another you can use a special kind of transport with concomitant change of the source system. However, this apparently requires that the new DEV system is known to the current DEV system.

Alternatively, call transaction SE03 in the new DEV system and choose the function "Change object catalog entries of objects in a transport request".

Choose your transport request and change the source system to the new DEV system. In addition, you may have to adjust the assigned package.

Another way of changing the source system (and package assignment) is to use function module TRINT_TADIR_MODIFY.

Regards

Uwe

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can modify Z* objects in a client only when it is assigned to a transport request in same client and the transport request is not transported.

Regards,

Amit

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mohamed

The source system of your z-class is different from the current (new) development system. Therefore, you cannot edit your class.

If you move repository objects from one DEV system to another you can use a special kind of transport with concomitant change of the source system. However, this apparently requires that the new DEV system is known to the current DEV system.

Alternatively, call transaction SE03 in the new DEV system and choose the function "Change object catalog entries of objects in a transport request".

Choose your transport request and change the source system to the new DEV system. In addition, you may have to adjust the assigned package.

Another way of changing the source system (and package assignment) is to use function module TRINT_TADIR_MODIFY.

Regards

Uwe