Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

y Rv* Programs get overwritten in upgradation?

0 Kudos

For User exit includes which are reserved for User Modifications, SAP does not release new version for such programs. So includes of this nature are not adjusted during modification upgrade.

But we have some RV* programs like RV45PFZA, RV60AFZC, RV60AFZD, RV60BFZA which are reserved for User modification.

But After upgradation we found that such program are overwritten by SAP and all are present under SPAU.

What can be the reason of it?

Regards,

Umesh

4 REPLIES 4

christian_wohlfahrt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Umesh!

That's correct behavior. Reason: technically that are modifications (namespace not Y* or Z*), only the meaning of these routines is user-exit.

Because there are no well defined interface defninitions (you can change whatever you like), SAP sees changes in these exits as modification - but there is no other way and normally support is still given for these transactions.

It's old stuff, so here you are facing 'historically' ballast.

Regards,

Christian

0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your response.

But all user exit includes which are reserved for modification (Includes with second last char Z), SAP never releases new version. So during upgradation these programs remain untouched.

They appear in SPAU because we have modified such programs (In SAP Namespace).

But The problem here is we can see all such programs are overwritten. Here we need to do adjustment which is not expected.

Regards,

Umesh

0 Kudos

Hi Umesh!

Overwriting - ups, not nice.

I always include Z* into the form routines - this also helps to organize several developers, which want to change different implementations simultaneously. Also calling immediately own form routines for separate tasks helps organizing. This can be stored in multi includes, so transporting gets some more possibilities.

Adjustments shouldn't be a problem - but also transaction behaviour might be changed a little bit, so your testing has to be intensive, anyway.

Sorry, but I guess you weren't searching real help - like I couldn't give to you.

Regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

these RV*-Include-Programms with the Form-Exits are delivered empty by SAP. So after an upgrade the empty (SAP-Version) is active. Just put the old version with the customer coding to active. Think, there were no changes in these exits in the last years .

Reason for this may be that the usage of these Form-Exits is technical a modification. The exits are the oldest i know, existing long before any cmod/smod-exits.

Regards

Wolfgang