Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XBLNR more than 16

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP gurus.

I have a problem with XBLNR field of tables VBRK and RBKP because is too short for my proposes. The invoice reference number of my vendors / partners is about 34 chars long and we wouldn't want to modify SAP standard because we use this field in iDocs to send and receive invoices and in many other programs/reports. Is there any kind of solution to this problem? It's secure to modify this field of SAP standard or there will be a lot of errors?

Thanks in advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't change XBLNR's length, since it is used in many places, you don't what will happen?

look for some other alternative.

regards

vijay

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can change the size of XBLNR by changing the domain XBLNR1 alone.

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't change XBLNR's length, since it is used in many places, you don't what will happen?

look for some other alternative.

regards

vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Domain XBLNR is used by many tab's in SAP - and so by many standard programs. I wouldn't change it. The problem could be solved if you append a field to the tables you need and include it only in the programm you need it.

Regards Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this kind of scenarios we can use a text field and update the vendor refernce number.

This is how we are doing it for our ERS invoices.

We update the values at the header text.

Hope this give you some hint.

Thank you.

Regards,

Karun M

0 Kudos

Thanks 4 all answers. My big problem is in ERS invoices. The vendor reference number is 34 chars long and I have to send/receive ERS iDocs (ERS6). How did you make? Did you use user-exits? , because we are creating a standard program for a lot of clients not an especific client program.

Another question is when we create the ERS invoices (client side), we need to assign a unique number range for each vendor. Is there any technique to do it?

Many thanks.

Regards.

0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are receiving the IDOC , we can achive it at the middleware mapping level.

you can map the reference number (X12 segment field) with the E1FIKPF-BKTXT field .So it automatically gets updated with the header text with out any further development effort.

The same thing could be done for outbound IDOCS as well.

You can acheive this at the mapping level itself.

Hope this helps you out.

Thank you.

Regards,

karun M

0 Kudos

has anyone resolve this issue? does anyone know the impact if we change this char to 35, will that affect any of the data? Was there a work around?

thanks in advance