Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worst performing reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is there any transaction which i can use to find the list of all reports which are worst performing on ABAP and DATABASE level?

we are working on Performance optimization initiative.

so, we want to find out which all programs are hitting on performance level most..

i would prefer the list of all programs which are heavy on ABAP front as they are easy to fix, as they are caused by bad performing.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u can check the performance of programs using SE30 and ST05 transactions.

reward points if hlpful.

7 REPLIES 7

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u can check the performance of programs using SE30 and ST05 transactions.

reward points if hlpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using STAD for this.

Thanks,

Sriram Ponna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the link below :

http://www.thespot4sap.com/Articles/SAPABAPPerformanceTuning_PerformanceAnalysisTools.asp

hope it helps you very much as you are working on performance optimization initiative.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

There is no such report, which could provide you runtime data from the programs.

You have to check them manually, or ask the users about problematic and slow reports.

You might check the CPU load with SM50 transaction.

You can check the memory usage in SM04 (Goto-Memory).

And there are stuffs in the Tools - Administration - Monitor SAP Menu.

Regards

Tamá

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks all, but i dont want to check run time for an individual report or any individual select query.

i want to check if there is any transaction which will give me the list of most time consuming reports IN A SYSTEM...

like if any reports are badly programmed they generally take more time.. but how to find such reports itself to fix them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

CCMS is the best tool to analyse such things. I was not aware then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

The best way for the same is

1, Get the

EARLY WATCH REPORT

of your system it will tell the ABAP program name 's that are are using most of your system resources and which are most frequently run.

If SAP solution manager early watch is not installed then call for SAP to help you for the same they will generate it for you.

Regards,

Gaurav Sood