Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Setting for Completing Parked Documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am very new to Workflow and need some guidance. From SAP help, there is documentation that describes how to activate a workflow for incomplete parked documents. I have (as far as I know) done the appropriate tasks. But I am not getting the work item in the Inbox to complete the incomplete parked document. I did execute a test using transaction SWUS and am able to see the work item in the Inbox. However, when I test using transaction FBV2 (to change the parked document, but still not have it in complete status), no work item is generated. I'm beginning to believe that the workflow is not fully activated for use in transactions because I also ran a trace for the workflow (transaction SWU8) and the log was empty. So I think that the workflow is not "connected" to the transaction. The problem is that I do not know how to get it "connected".

Can someone give me suggestions/ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Anna-Liza

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anna-Liza,

Have you activated the event linkage? If it is, the workflow will trigger the first time the document is saved with the Parked status. Changing an already parked document and keeping it parked will not start workflow.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

6 REPLIES 6

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Anna-Liza,

Have you activated the event linkage? If it is, the workflow will trigger the first time the document is saved with the Parked status. Changing an already parked document and keeping it parked will not start workflow.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Hello,

I took a look at the event linkage on the workflow and it says that it is activated. But I am still not getting any workitem in the INBOX. All I have really done is copy the standard workflow WS00400004 into my own and follow the help documentation. I did do a create event (transaction SWUE) and this places a workitem in the INBOX. The simulate event transaction (SWU0) indicates that my workflow can be successfully started. But still no workitem is generated in the inbox when using transaction F-65 (creation of parked document). It still confuses me as to what I am missing. Do you have some suggestions?

The system I am using is version 4.6B.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Anna-Liza

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please verify from the event log (txn SWEL, use txn SWELS to activate event log) that the FIPP.Created event is being published when you park a document. If not, you need to perform some IMG activity. Please see OSS Note 548278.

You can also search the SAP-WUG (Workflow User Group) archives. There is quite a lot of info on the subject.

Here is a link to the WUG FAQ.

/people/mike.pokraka/blog/2005/07/17/sap-business-workflow-faq

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Hello Ramki,

Thank you very much for the link to the archive. I have started to look through it. But I need some clarification. The note you referenced seems to be for configuration for <u>releasing</u> parked document. I understood that there are two different workflows, one for completing the parked document and another for releasing the document and that I do not need to set up the release configuration to be able to have a workflow for completing the parked document. Is this correct? Can you comment on this?

Regards,

Anna-Liza

0 Kudos

Hi Anna-Liza,

The first point in the note refers to config that is needed to publish the FIPP.Created event. This is needed regardless of which workflow you want to link it to.

Cheers,

Ramki Maley.

0 Kudos

Hello Ramki,

Thanks so much for your time and help. I will continue with the additional configuration and go from there.

Regards,

Anna-Liza