Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow - marking work items as obsolete

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a workflow that allows cost center managers to approve or reject purchase requisitions. I'm trying to create some logic that will trigger the workflow when the purchase req is significantly changed, in addition to just being created. When it gets changed, I want to be sure that it's not deleted. If it was deleted rather than being changed some other way, I want to mark all active work items for that particular req as obsolete so they're no longer out there for approval. I put in a "set obsolete" step for each piece of the workflow that creates a work item prior to terminating the workflow. When I try to test this, however, the workflow DOES recognize that the req was deleted, but it doesn't even show the "set obsolete" steps in the log, it just terminates. The "set obsolete" step doesn't seem to have much to it, but is it possible that I'm just doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

You shouldn't use "set obsolete" for this.

Depending on your version, you can either use a fork and a wait for the event "Deleted" in one of the branches or simply, in the new version, define a terminating event on the header level.

Check this thread, it explains how, the example is based on restart, but you can use the methodology to cancel you workflow instances as well.

Regards

Morten Nielsen

1 REPLY 1

morten_nielsen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric

You shouldn't use "set obsolete" for this.

Depending on your version, you can either use a fork and a wait for the event "Deleted" in one of the branches or simply, in the new version, define a terminating event on the header level.

Check this thread, it explains how, the example is based on restart, but you can use the methodology to cancel you workflow instances as well.

Regards

Morten Nielsen