Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why this query fetching data very slow? it is cluster table konv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gents,

why this quer is fetching data very slow even though I have given it the primary keys I know that the Konv is  Cluster Table but I have not face this problem before.

SELECT SINGLE kwert INTO  jline-kwert FROM konv

WHERE knumh = '1002090527'

AND kposn = '000010' .

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are ladies on SCN too.

Have you tried SQL trace, ST05?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zahid Hameed

You use the select single, is it used in the  loop with a large table?

I don't think only one select can take much time, please check or more info for us..

Thanks&Regards,

Felix Yang

0 Kudos

Dear Yang,

I have hard coded it and then run it in a test programe I don't know hwy it has been taking so long and my loop just have five records for testing what is the reason I think the basis now can tell. Becuase when I m going to se11 and give directly those value it has been fetching the same selection in milli sconds.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Yang,

I have hard coded it and then run it in a test programe I don't know hwy it has been taking so long and my loop just have five records for testing what is the reason I think the basis now can tell. Becuase when I m going to se11 and give directly those value it has been fetching the same selection in milli sconds.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try with some other records.

If its taking less time then it could be some configuration settings which needs to be checked by basis.

Ask your basis team to look into this.

Regards,

Amit

0 Kudos

Amit,

Thanks for your reply I think that is the last option I have now. Because when I am giving the same value in se11 the record has been fetching in millit seconds I dont know why the debugger come and stuck on this query. I have also tried the hard coded query in a test programe it was still taking too long.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ladies and gents,

No body has notice the problem carefully the problem is with primary  key the main field for the query is knumv not knumh. resolved.

WHERE knumh = '1002090527'

AND kposn = '000010' .

WHERE knumv = '1002090527'

AND kposn = '000010' .

0 Kudos

Yeah, u r right, what a funny day!!