Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why some BAdIs are delivered with SAP-internally flag

balaji_nandikolla
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please some insights on - why some BAdIs are delivered with "can only be implemented SAP - internally" ?

Thank you!

Regards,
Balaji

4 REPLIES 4

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If Everything is implemented u and me, then what they will do. how they get charges.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I guess that it's the same kind of decision when a method is made private or public, i.e. is the method sufficiently tested or sufficiently secure to be given to the developers without risk to put the standard behavior in danger.

I can see both internal and external versions in "BADI_SD_SALES_BASIC" enhancement spot. I think, it could be some other reason, might be to support to old techniques.

Regards,
Balaji

I believe the Internal BAdI "BADI_SD_SALES_BASIC" can only be used in conjunction with a Specific Industry-Solution or Add-On. So by acquiring a specific additional Product, these BAdI's will be either Activated or Allowed to use => See SAP-KBA 1832525 on SD Internal BAdI's : link

So that would be a Valid Explanation as well, I guess ... (Buy the Product or Add-On, Get the Access)