Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I not get any answers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please advice me how should I ask questions in order to get answers fast? I do give points to everybody...

Thanks,

Charles.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles

Although they can be found at the beginning of every ABAP forum apparently very few people take care of the advice given by Marilyn Pratt, Craig Cmehil and Gali Kling Schneider:

/thread/235444 [original link is broken]

my first thought was: A question concerning the right use of the salesorder BAPIs. Obviously, the header is missing (at least for me) an important detail: the topic is about <b>IDocs</b>.

Furthermore, do we know on which <u>SAP release</u> (4.6c or ECC 6.0 ???) are you working? I am not sure if we can conclude this from the IDoc type ORDCHG.

Apparently, you are working on a standard SAP R/3 system (but: does it exclude other system types???).

I believe the more careful you name your subject and the more specific you are about the (system) context of the question the more likely you will attract those of us who are willing and capable to answer your questions.

Regards

Uwe

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the questions are clear you will definetly get the answers immediately.

Points are rewarded as a thanks for the person who responded.

Regards,

Umasankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Your question should be so clear, such that every body can understand what you are asking and what is the problem.Then only they can think, work around and answer you if they can.

There might be reasons that they are not able to understand what is the problem or even if they understood they may not have any answers with them to your questions.

Anyway, keep posting your questions.

Hope this helps.

Please reward if useful.

Thanks,

Srinivasa

marcelo_ramos
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

- You questions must be more clear as possible;

- In case that your doubt is related to a program, seeing yours source code we can answer more faster;

- In case that its doubt is related to a configuration or a transaction, seeing yours steps we can answer what you forgot or your error;

- If you say to us what you already made to solve the problem, we can give other alternatives to you to solve your problem;

- Give points for who answered your question:

2=Helpful

6=Very Helpful or answered part of your doubts

10=Solved My Problem or answered all your doubts.

<b>This stimulates we to continue helping ones to other.</b>

Regards.

Marcelo Ramos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charles,

Check this thread of Craig about "Asking & Answering in the Forums".

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/home/rulesofEngagement&

In this thread, You can find answers for your questions and get a clear picture about forums too.

Don't worry, there are plenty of professionals on SDN to help you always.

Thanks

Vinay

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Charles

Although they can be found at the beginning of every ABAP forum apparently very few people take care of the advice given by Marilyn Pratt, Craig Cmehil and Gali Kling Schneider:

/thread/235444 [original link is broken]

my first thought was: A question concerning the right use of the salesorder BAPIs. Obviously, the header is missing (at least for me) an important detail: the topic is about <b>IDocs</b>.

Furthermore, do we know on which <u>SAP release</u> (4.6c or ECC 6.0 ???) are you working? I am not sure if we can conclude this from the IDoc type ORDCHG.

Apparently, you are working on a standard SAP R/3 system (but: does it exclude other system types???).

I believe the more careful you name your subject and the more specific you are about the (system) context of the question the more likely you will attract those of us who are willing and capable to answer your questions.

Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

There you go... you already have 5 answers.... and may many more to come..:)

As always thanks for the points you always award to everybody.

Best of Luck,

SKJ

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Charles,

My suggestion is search the forum first, if not found suitable answers, then go for query

You have already 182 Questions in your name ???