Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why communication user is getting locked

0 Kudos

Hello Team,

In my system, end user is using some communication user while logging into Portal but at same time, portal is asks to reset password after regular interval of time. so user requests to password reset and in background WEBLOGIN system user works from ECC side to reset that password.

But we need to find out why its happening. Please see attachment.

Regards..,

Jagjivan Shelke.

itc.png

3 REPLIES 3

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jagjivan Shelke,

This looks like a task for the SAP Security team, so you can add the tag to Security team to get more visibilty to your question & get more appropriate answer for your query.

Coming back to your actual question, I will try to put some answer here to help you. Below options can be taken in this regard.

In the portal, for the User password parameter can be changed so that End-User do not get option to change the password. As far as I understand, you can also exclude particular user from the normal password update periodically

Check Logs in the portal for the password update, you can also try check in ECC security audit logs or password activity in ECC to pin-point the timing & thus can narrow in the portal logs to understand the password changed by who

Thanks,

Kaushik

0 Kudos

Thanks Kaushik for reply, I will tag to Security team.

jegadesh_k
Participant

Hi jagjivan.shelke3 ,

If this user is being used in the background for integration purposes, i recommend you to use the Technical User setting for that user in portal. Technical user will not have expiring password or requirement to reset password. Either that, or login with that communication user, reset the password and then put that password on the ECC integration

Thanks

Jega