Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While preformance Tunning only ST05 is enof or Se30 required to check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Sap-Abap, I learned Performance tunning is done using Se30 and ST05,

While discussing, One of my known person who is working as Sr.Tech in Abap, he told we are not using se30 for performance monitoring, we use only ST05 and I questioned then why Se30 provided by SAP for perfmorn, from his side there is now proper answer, then he is asking how come you decide using the pecentage level in se30 to find out exactly where the performance is down, Can any one explain for this issue, sure reward

advance thanks

with regards

Thambee

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can compare performance before and after tuning using SE30,

however to analyse which select statements to tune ST05 offers better options, as it shows the time taken by each query and u can come to a conclusion ver soon here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The percentage across each of the areas ABAP/ Database/System shows the percentage of total time used for those areas and load on these areas while running the program . The lesser the database load faster the program runs.

so we check mainly for data base load

<b>Reward if usefull</b>

former_member194613
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While discussing, One of my known person who is working as Sr.Tech in Abap, he told we are not using se30 for performance monitoring, we use only ST05

Seems that he is simply not aware what the tools are good for! There are reasons for both tools. See my blogs on the tools and you should understand:

SQL trace:

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/09/05/the-sql-trace-st05-150-quick-and-easy

SE30

/people/siegfried.boes/blog/2007/11/13/the-abap-runtime-trace-se30--quick-and-easy

Forget the percentages, you can only optimize the totals. And of course of need the details to find the coding.

Siegfried

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks