Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to delimit old records in infty 2012?

former_member111748
Participant

I have a business request to delimit old records to have a different endda for infty 2012 which has a time constraint of 'Z'. I was reading few blogs and it seems like using FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION, the delimit operation doesn't work but there's a hack where we can first delete the record and then insert it with the correct data. Anyway, I was thinking of using BDC for this work. There are only six records that need to be delimited so what's the best way to achieve this without spending a lot of time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member226519
Active Contributor

it's the control record you have to adjust first.

Transaction PA03.

Ask someone from payroll team to do it.

6 REPLIES 6

former_member226519
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

don't waste time. Use BDC.

0 Kudos

Tried BDC but while recording , getting the 'Change in earliest retroactive accounting date time not possible' error. Also tried the HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION but that doesn't work as well, getting the "E PG 428 A complex application error has occurred' error. Also tried using the DEL and INS but getting the same error as with BDC. Not sure how to tackle this one, seems like a configuration of the infotype thing.

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i dont know alot of HCM so if it were me, i would write a query to delete and insert...

former_member184158
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shahrukh Bhat,

with HCM,. you need most of the time when you work with it, you have to use these FM:

• HR_MAINTAIN_MASTERDATA
  • HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION

But I would recomand you to use BDC.

Select from....... into ITAB begda = endda = -..................

loop at ITAB into data(ls_data)...

Using Batchinput.

Endloop.

Best regards

Ebrahim

former_member226519
Active Contributor

it's the control record you have to adjust first.

Transaction PA03.

Ask someone from payroll team to do it.

0 Kudos

Yes, you are right. I figured that out with the functional person I am working with on this.