Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Message type and Process Code to use for Purchase Order Change in 4.6C

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like to implement in SAP R/3 4.6C a scenario for Purchase Order Change, via inbound IDoc.

I have been searching, but could not find what Message Type, Idoc Basic Type and Process Code to use.

I can not imagine this functionality does not exist in 4.6C.

Any suggestions for my problem are welcome.

6 REPLIES 6

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP standard process (idoc inbound of Vendor Confirmation), in a purchase order, allows changes only to Dates and quantities.

SAP, In order to manage the purchase order changes following the confirmation sent by he supplier, provides the standard message ORDRSP (IDOC: ORDERS01 to ORDERS05)

The process code is ORDR which invoke the standard function module: IDOC_INPUT_ORDRSP

The confirmation information is stored in the PO under:

Item-> Confirmation-> Overview.

In case you have to manage a wide set of changes you need to create a custom process code a new custom function module.

Kind Regards.

Andrea

daixiong_jiang3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I do not think the message type ORDRSP can be used for Purchase Order Change, it is for Purchase Order Confirmation.

You should use message type ORDCHG.

andrea_olivieri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Daixiong Jiang wrote:

You should use message type ORDCHG

The message type ORDCHG (inbound process code ORDC) is designed to manage the changes in the customer order (VA02).

Regards,

Andrea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses so far. Let me explain my scenario: We have 1 central system (SRM) to create Purchase Orders. A copy of the order is sent via IDOC to "our" SAP R/3 4.6C system (for reference). This PO Create works fine, message type PORDCR with ORDERS05, Code BAPI, IDOC_BAPI_INPUT1

Now, after we modify the PO at the SRM system, this should be send to our R/3 system as well.

I think this is not a normal scenario, but in our case we need this.

So, my question still is, what Idoc should we use to make this PO change work.

0 Kudos

Hello,

In this case you should use the message PORDCH and BAPI method BAPI_PO_CHANGE but only exist as of release 4.7.

Function module BAPI_IDOC_INPUT1

Idoc Type PORDCH01

Message Type PORDCH

So check carefully the following OSS notes:

[Notes 589066 - BAPI_PO_CHANGE: Incorrect account assignment to network |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/589066] (not be fooled by the description)

[ Notes 197958 - BAPIs for purchase orders - Missing Functions|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/197958]

Regards,

Andrea

Edited by: Andrea Olivieri on Sep 3, 2009 10:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we will try frirst is to use the ECC6 FM BAPI_ORDER_CHANGE and implement a copy of the corresponding IDoc in our R/3 system