Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What makes you cry ????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys!!

We know the differences between ways to develop, developers and developments.

But for you what makes you cry when you get a code to change?

For me is a declaration of FCAT inside of code. You don't know how I hate it.

12 REPLIES 12

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't work directly with ABAP, I just make reports using SAP Business Objects or programming database level stored procedires in Sybase, so what really makes me cry is having to change stored procedures that were created by my former boss a couple of years ago, because those are really complicated stored procedures.

Edited by: PadawanGirl on Feb 22, 2012 9:51 PM

former_member184657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hate debugging standard SAP Transactions! I know, I know, Im saying the unthinkable for an ABAP Programmer. But that's the fact.

pk

0 Kudos

- The word "business"

- Super cool new business-like classes delivered to make everything more object oriented. Then, within the classes' methods, about ten layers deeper. Macros. Freaking. Macros. And stuff like "Tables:" and "lt_lolat LIKE pseudoOOP OCCURS 0".

- Standard code that reads cluster information which is then consequently written into the ABAP memory for no reason

- Debugging Standard Screens with "/h" since I can't set Breakpoints in them ( "yet" ! ).

I cry a lot.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For me its working with young developers who think they know what's best for the business/client.

FF

0 Kudos

For me its working with young developers who think they know what's best for the business/client.

>

> FF

Likewise. For me it's working with old consultants who think they know what's best for the client.

FF; I think we might be a good match 😆

0 Kudos

If nothing else the conversation over a few beers should remain interesting!!

FF

PS> And who said I was old? You just assumed that from my posting!

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though I dont work with form printing since 2 years, I hate debugging sap scripts & designing it.

0 Kudos

I hate debugging sap scripts & designing it.

I hate friggin' Sapscripts, but what trully makes me cry is when I see a standard function or just a few lines of simple code that can easily replace the ugly and convoluted code that I wrote because I either didn't know better at the time or was rushed. "If I could turn back time..." (since we seem to be going with the song references here)

Wil_Wilstroth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

No woman No cry

No ABAP No cry

No SAP No Cry

hmmm... crying... there were many times... but I prayed hard a lot...

William Wilstroth

MaheshChandra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i like coding part in Portal , but when i saw the same things can be achieved in some other portal(like SP2010) without code using out of box solutions. i feel like crying

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Business objects (SWO1) are one place where we cant move our hands freely.

I feel little irritated while coding my objects here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Developers who declare everything globally..........