Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference between SAVE and ACTIVATE in SAP (ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when we write any code,we will save the code.

And what is the necessary to activate that?

Can anybody guide me what is the major difference between SAVE and ACTIVATE.

thanks & regards

Gani

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Save: Even the code contains errors you can save the code and can reopen the program later to correct the errors.

Its just saved.You may get syntax errors or not.

Active:Program is syntax error free.So you can use this program to transport the program to quality and then production if you are getting output as per requirement .

For some type of programs like Modulepool Programs should be active to design layout editor and all.

Regds

sivaparvathi

Please reward points if helpful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

ABAP Spider

see saving means u r saving the program wht u wrriteen but it is not available to all other repository objects tht r there in the system by means of activating tht program or any othe repository object u r making it available to the all the repository objects

i think u got now further if u have any quiries u can contact me on mutyalasunilkumar@gmail.com

plzz reward if u found my answer as helpfull to u

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

SAVE : will saves your program.

Activate : when other user run u r program your programs active version only runs. if your not activated your program that program cann't be run by other user.

regards,

pavan