Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what BAPI I can use to get the default value for all variables in a query

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

RSZ_X_COMPONENT_GET can be used to get the variable detail given a variable UID,but it is not very efficient ,especially there are multiple variables in a query ,and I want to get the default values for all these variables in this query. and I found that BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_STREAMINFO and BAPI_MDPROVIDER_GET_VARIABLES can be used give the query name ,but I can only get general information like VAR_NAME ,etc ,but I can not get the information like OPT,SIGN ,without these ,I can not get default value if the variable is of type selection and includes sign information ,what other BAPI can I used to retrieve variable information,especially ,its default value in a query efficiently?

1 REPLY 1

0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

Raise this problem again.

RSZ_X_COMPONENT_GET can return details of variable.

But the function model will invoke RSZ_DB_FULL_XREF_GET.

In RSZ_DB_FULL_XREF_GET, much time is spend in this code below.

SELECT * FROM rszeltxref INTO TABLE e_ts_eltxref

WHERE objvers = i_objvers.

So RSZ_X_COMPONENT_GET is not a efficient function for us to only get the default value of a variable.

what else BAPI can I used to retrieve variable information,especially ,its default value in a query efficiently?

Thanks in advance

Phoebe