Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to Web Services an and just wish to know if I need to update IT 0105 User Id and Email ID using web services. How I can do this.

I went through few post and understand I need to create a FM, need to write the code within it to update the IT 0105 and later create web services. But let suppose I am getting data from any middleware. then is below steps satisfy my requirement.

1. Create a structure with required fields

2. Import it in custom FM where I will write my piece of code to update the IT 0105

3. Create Web Services from utilities -> more utilities -> create web services

4. follow the wizards

5. my web service will be available in WSADMIN.- > ready for test.

Please let me know if anything further I need to perform

Regards,

Swet Bhushan

6 REPLIES 6

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea what IT 0105 is.

There are many posts on SCN, including very detailed Wiki. This is a very simple process, but the way you are asking makes me suspect either you are lacking some fundamental understanding or are not sharing some important details. Why do you believe that when the web service might be consumed by the "middleware" it changes the way it would be implemented in SAP?

Also not sure what you meant by "create a structure", but if it's a structure in DD then it depends on the specific requirements.

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He means Infotype 0105, which is an HR infotype that stores "communication" data about employees, most commonly their email address and their SAP username. It's a critical entry point for linking employee data with user data.

Swet, what is the source of the data that you want to use to update IT0105? I'm going to hazard a guess that it's an LDAP-compatible directory, such as Active Directory, etc. In that case, there are LDAP synchronization methods that you should explore for achieving this. In this scenario, the program is often initiated from within SAP (a standard scheduled ABAP program) and uses LDAP function calls to reach out to the directory and pull the required data (or push, as the case may be). Web services aren't involved.

A more comprehensive scenario would use the SAP Identity Management product, but you don't have to go there.

Cheers,

Matt

0 Kudos

IDM does it via a BAPI that is included with the product and the communications role is assigned. This is discussed in numerous places in the IDM forum.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

I know what is IT 0105 and its purpose. But am new to concept of Web Services, thus am confused on its working with web services. Moreover If you see my post I clearly mentioned am new to web services. Closing this post as I solve it.

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.

Regards,

Swet Bhushan

0 Kudos

Swet,

Can you share how you solved it? Thanks!

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Matt,

I created the FM and the Web Services as I mentioned in my first post. But earlier I was not knowing about the T Code SOAMANAGER  used for configuration. I again checked some different posts available and did the configuration as per requirement.. Now the Web Service I created is working properly.

Here my expectation was to know the steps involved after creation of FM and Web Services.

Thanks to SCN and obviously the peoples associated.

Regards,

Swet Bhushan