Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred - in the log during ADT startup

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm creating an ADT plug in. When I run my plug-in as an Eclipse Application, I get this message on the console:

WARNING: An illegal reflective access operation has occurred
WARNING: Illegal reflective access by com.sap.adt.util.WinRegistry (file:/C:/Users/MattBillingham/eclipse/eclipse/../../.p2/pool/plugins/com.sap.adt.util_3.10.1.jar) to method java.util.prefs.WindowsPreferences.stringToByteArray(java.lang.String)
WARNING: Please consider reporting this to the maintainers of com.sap.adt.util.WinRegistry
WARNING: Use --illegal-access=warn to enable warnings of further illegal reflective access operations
WARNING: All illegal access operations will be denied in a future release

This is not causing me any difficulties, but perhaps it needs to be addressed. I'm using the latest ADT and Eclipse, and it's on-premise.

sebastian.ratz armin.beil.2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sratz
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Matthew,

thank you. We are aware of the issue and are working on a better solution that does not require reflection.

For now, this is just a warning and no Java version is actively blocking any functionality, yet.

Best regards,

Sebastian

2 REPLIES 2

sratz
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Matthew,

thank you. We are aware of the issue and are working on a better solution that does not require reflection.

For now, this is just a warning and no Java version is actively blocking any functionality, yet.

Best regards,

Sebastian

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks - I was just concerned. I shall ignore the message.