Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

view variant in sm30 view

0 Kudos

Hi.

I create a view on a custom table through tcode se11.

It works correctly and I can view/mantains records with tcode sm30.

I would like to restrict the view on a field. Is it possible?

The SAp help suggest to create a view variant but I can't understand how I can create it. Where is the variant generetaro in se11/sm30?

Other suggestion is to use a maintenance attribute with "S" (subset) in the maintenance view definition se SE11 but I can't find where is this maintenance attribute .

Thanks for any help.

Stefano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see that attribute only when you create the Maintenance view directly from SE11 using the View Option(By Creating the maintenance view)

if you create the Table maintenance using the menu Utilities->Table maintenance Generator option of the Data base table you will not see that option.

4 REPLIES 4

PedroGuarita
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to SE11 and put the viewname and change.

In the TAB Delivery and mantenaince, in the DATA BROWSER/TVM field put "display/maintenaince allowed with restrictions".

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can see that attribute only when you create the Maintenance view directly from SE11 using the View Option(By Creating the maintenance view)

if you create the Table maintenance using the menu Utilities->Table maintenance Generator option of the Data base table you will not see that option.

0 Kudos

ok. And then?

Please note that I have a very low level on SAP development and so any answer should be detailed. Thanks.

Where can I create a view variant?

S.

0 Kudos

As VIjay said,

Please check the steps to create maintenance view for a table and generating table maintenance for the view. There are lot of threads & documents available regarding this in SCN. The maintenance view has the property to hide and disable field.