Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View the History for Changes of a Z-Table Entry

anuradha_wijesinghe
Participant
0 Kudos

I have a Z-table and , I need to check the What is the Created time and modified time for a table Entry. So can I know to how to get that history for a table entry.

I got to know this can be checked using CDPOS and CDHDR tables.. But No idea about how to use.

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anuradha,

Another alternative is to check the table DD02L in transaction SE11 and input your ZTABLE as TABNAME.

The fields below can be important:

AS4USER,

AS4DATE,

AS4TIME.

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Yovish.

0 Kudos

Dear Yovish,

what are these fields and what is the input for this ,

AS4USER,

AS4DATE,

AS4TIME.

0 Kudos

Helllo,

This is the fields description.  You just have to query the DD02L with TABNAME  eq the name of ur ztable and check for these fields in the output.

AS4USERAS4USERCHAR120Last Changed by
AS4DATEAS4DATEDATS80Date of Last Change
AS4TIMEAS4TIMETIMS60Last changed at

Thanks and Kind Regards,

Yovish.

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have activated the logging of data changes in the technical settings of your Z-table (in SE11), then you can see the changes with report RSVTPROT.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Dear Klaus ,

This is not working for my table. I think reason is the I have not ticked for "Log Data Changes" is technical Settings in the Table  . is that ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

for all custom tables with customizing type or maintenance by users the Log Data Changes flag is a good option. Then all changes will be logged automatically.

Regards,

Klaus

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Logging Using Change Documents

CDHDR and CDPOS are change document tables, those table are created in coding by calling of a FM generated in transaction SCDO, so not generated from generated dialog maintenance. - ref Logging Using Change Documents.

Logging Changes to Table Data

You could use the log data flag in technical settings of the database table (SE11 or SE13) but first the log must be active in the system, check with RZ11 system parameter rec/client value must no be OFF, but ALL or client number  - ref Logging Changes to Table Data and Note 1916 - Logging table changes in R/3

-> So check the flag in technical settings AND ask basis to activate logging (rec/client) - but if not already activated start reading notes like Note 112388 - Tables are subject to logging, Note 608835 - Performance problems due to table logging?, Note 706478 - Preventing Basis tables from increasing considerably..

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

I agree with Raymond, parameter rec/client must be set to ALL or your client number. But ALL is the SAP default that never should be changed. Otherwise there would be no logging also for changes on SAP standard tables.

Logging using Change Documents requires, that all table fields to be logged need data elements with an active change document flag in the additional settings.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Yes rec/client value ALL should be kept in prioductive system (for Audit purpose)

But you could replace it with OFF in development and quality/sandbox systems, in this case, you should activate table logging for transport. (Note 84052 - R3trans: Table logging) to keep a trace in productive system.

There are also some notes that suggest deactivation of log for some tables like KONP or SKAS/SKAT.

Regards,

Raymond