Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validations in customer masterdata

former_member470288
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in customer masterdata we have created a new Industry key field (KNA1-BRSCH = 'ZEXT') that works like this:

For all customers with ZEXT, standard validations for Tax Number 1 and Vat Reg. No.(KNA1-STCD1 and KNA1-STCEG) need to be skipped. Is it possible?

Thanks in advance!

Carles

5 REPLIES 5

ankurch
Active Contributor

Hi Carles,

Pls check whether BADI "CUSTOMER_ADD_DATA" will work for you!

Thanks,

Hi Ankur,

I'll give this badi a try.

Thanks!

Carles

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

So you want (are required) to remove the standard check defined at country level, most BAdI will allow to add some customer check not to remove standard one, so you may be required to play with classic BAdI and Enhancement Spot to change the behavior of FM such as STCEG_CHECK, TAX_CODE_CHECK or TAX_NUMBER_CHECK, the time has come to debug to either prevent their call of to pass some data to memory to change their behavior...

So 'ZEXT' is a code for 'do no check regulatory data' or is there any legitimate business reason?

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I'll try to find the right BAdI to do what you have explained to me.

is there any legitimate business reason? Yes, it's for foreign customers who have to pay taxes in Spain and have an Spanish Id Number.

Thanks!

Carles

0 Kudos

There is a "Other" button in XD02 'Control Data' tab right after 'VAT Reg. No.' so you could input a Spanish VAT Id for a Customer of another country (KNAS table) ?