Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

validation of z-table field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi !

I wanted to ask how do i validate z-table field created in se11. The field is three digit position and i have to constraint the user to enter all three digit ( not only 1 o r 2 digit ), when entering the data via sm30 transaction. can i make the constraint by the field domain ? if yes please tell me how to do this.

thanks

moshe

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can write your own module ....

go to sm30...click on overview screen/single screen which takes you to the flow logic....

here you can specify a module to be called to validate the respective field....write this module in the top include and then test...

rgds,

PJ

0 Kudos

Hi PJ !

Thanks for your answer.

I wanted to ask you how do i get to menu/button

overview screen/single screen. i can't find this menu/button in sm30. maybe it is because we a diffrent version of interface my sap version is 5.00.

please also tell me if i can do this validation by the domain of the field.

thanks

mosh

0 Kudos

Hi Moshe,

have a look to this thread :

Andreas

0 Kudos

Moshe,

Did you create the SM30 view with "Two step". If this was created with "Two Step" you will see the button in SM30.

You can check this by going to SE11, display the table and from the main menu, you can navigate to "Table Maintainance Generator" and in the first screen you will know if it was created using two screens or just one.

Ravi.

0 Kudos

its not a menu or a button...in the block 'Maintenance Screens' u will see this option (its a static text actually - or u can double click in the I/O field) ....or alternatively u can directly go to the screen from SE51....

the program name will be the table name prefixed by SAPL

ie SAPL<table name>

and u can see the corresponding screen through F4 help...

there in the flow logic u can add your module call and define it in the include.

hope it helps...

rgds,

PJ

Message was edited by: Priyank Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One other way to do it is to create a conversion routine for the domain. There you can pad the numbers with zero.

Rajendra Salecha

Message was edited by: Rajendra Salecha