Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VA01 BDC problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am running a BDC for VA01 transaction, it is working fine when customer is not having incompletion log, but my problem is suppose customer is having incompletion log that time in Va01 it is showing one report which indicates all the error against that customer in ALV format.

When i am trying to record that report that time recording is going up to report but it is not coming out from there.

I am already capturing standard messages but it is not capturing the report error, i have discussed with functional team they are saying for them that report itself is error.

Can any one help me on this if customer is having any incompletion log in va01 how to capture that in bdc.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

u cannt overcome this kind of errors , in this case u need to pass all the data required for creation of Sales Order , otherwise ask ur FC what he checking in the incomplete log, bcos incomplete log defined by FC only.

regards

Prabhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may well be able to get around this by using BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 instead of a BDC - it has a parameter "BEHAVE_WHEN_ERROR" that may let you save the document even with the incompletion entries. The users would then just have to process the entries later via VA02 but that should be part of a normal business process anyway.

Gareth.