Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MBGMCR03 Inbound for reason code

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm in the Functional Speccing stage of a project. the process I need to document is this: Requirement to post goods movements interfaced into SAP from an external system. I have scoured the forums throughout the web and found only 1 thing similar (on this site) - solution is to use WMMBXY/WMMBID02.

The problem with this is that there is no specific field for reason code (which I need to use) in WMMBID02 as there is in MBGMCR03.

How can I use MBGMCR03 inbound when it has no associated inbound process code bearing in mind that the SAP system is to have no custom developments/modifications? If I have to do some mods what is the minimum that needs to be done either for WMMBID02 to have additional reason code field or for MBGMCR03 to become inbound-friendly?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Jay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You can use MBGMCR03 IDOC. This idoc is of type BAPI-ALE interface. So for these idoc's the process code will be 'BAPI' . This idoc inbound process code agiain will call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE FM to create a goods movement. So you can use this IDOC type by configuring the process code as BAPI in we21.

Thanks,

Rajkumar Abbu.

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info? In WMMBID02 the field E1MBXYI-GRUND for reason code (as in table MSEG) is there but its text refers to Asset master records. It has only 3 characters allowed and refers to table T098.

The MBGMCR03 field E1BP2017_GM_ITEM_CREATE-MOVE_REAS (data element MB_GRBEW (same as in MSEG-GRUND)) refers to table T157D and has 4 characters and so seems to have no correlation with WMMBID02.

Anyone have any ideas? Can I still use the GRUND field from E1MBXYI?

Jay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

You can use MBGMCR03 IDOC. This idoc is of type BAPI-ALE interface. So for these idoc's the process code will be 'BAPI' . This idoc inbound process code agiain will call BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE FM to create a goods movement. So you can use this IDOC type by configuring the process code as BAPI in we21.

Thanks,

Rajkumar Abbu.