Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

users getting deleted on doing user comparision in PFCG (quality & prod)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

I need your assistance in the following scenario:

1. I had a composite role ( A) in D/Q/P, which had derived roles (a,b,c)

2. I added another derived role (d) to composite role (A) in D. Now the Composite role A contains a,b,c,d derived roles.

3. I transported the composite role (A) to Q.

4. Did user comparison. On analysis, I found some users in Q got deleted after USER COMPARISON.

The change documents showed that the users got deleted through PFCG but we have a CUA system setup for user management and role deletion is done through the CUA

Kindly guide the reason that may be triggering the users deletion after user Comparison.

Note:- NOT all the users who earlier possesed composite role (A) are getting deleted. Rather only some of them are getting deleted.

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What got deleted? The role assignment, the profile assignment or the complete user master record?

0 Kudos

Entire Composite Role (A) is getting deleted for some users in Q (after the modified Comp role is transported to Q and user comp being done) who earlier possessed the same.

0 Kudos

Two possibilities come to mind:

1 you've transported the user assignment from DEV

2 the role assignment in Q was out of date

Both working as designed.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen ,

1) We can rule out this possibility, as during the transport I have taken special care not to transport the User Asgn from DEV.

2) Role asgn in Q being out of date doesn't seems to be the case, as the role assgn in Q has been done till infinity.

Subbu,

Thanks for the link. Let me check, if this is the scenario.

In the meantime, if anyone has experienced this situation before, kindly update.

Thanks,

Kush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the SAP note 198339.

"Another cause might have something to do with the user master comparison after importing the activity groups (roles).

Generated profiles that are only assigned to the user in the child system and that are suitable for the activity groups (roles) could be deleted again if the Profile-IDOC is imported only after the roles IDOC, which however is unusual."

[https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=198339]

Regards,

Subbu

Edited by: Subramaniam Iyer on Feb 25, 2009 3:11 PM