Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-specific Selection Variables in Variants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am triing to follow the tutorial in the help.sap.com concerning the variants.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/c0/980386e58611d194cc00a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

I would like to create a User-specific Variables for a variant.

I created set/get param for my report, I also created entries in the user master record. But: In the variants maintenance tool (SE38). First I edit the attributes of my variables and choose the selection variable option for some fields. Second I highlight in green the user specific column stoplight. But clicking F4 doesnt propose any value. Then saving doesnt work neither.

Thank you,

Younes

3 REPLIES 3

nablan_umar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Younes,

When you click on the Save icon in SE38, you will be prompted to save the values you enter in your program selection screen into Variant. I don't understand why you are not able to save it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Umar,

When I click on the button save a modal popup it says "Variables not supplied with values. Save anyway?". I dont know how to supply the variables with values.

With the Function module VARI_USER_VARS_GET I am not able to Read existing variable values. Also in the selection screen of my report the menu Goto -> User variables is not enabled. Maybe I am missing something? Could you help me.

Thanks,

Younes

0 Kudos

You need to maintain your parameter id in table TUVID. Use transaction SM30 and enter this table to enable your new parameter id.