Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User exit not triggering

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like to Modify the BASIC IDOC SHPMNT05 with message type Z**, before it is sent

For this, I found a enhancement V55K0020 which calls the FM EXIT_SAPLV55K_020

I created a Z project in CMOD and assign the enhancement & component etc and activated the project

Now to test this, I put break point in code and FM and trigger the idoc via VT02N change - go to output & repeat output

IDOC is getting generated but it is not stopping at CMOD or Break point.

Any idea how to handle this.

Thxs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for function group XTRK has application type 'S' try to debug with option SYSTEM DEBUGGING is on.

If the break-point is reached (although no system debugging is on) there should be an entry in the system log (tcode SM21). If you have no rights for system debugging, you can pass values thru break-points:

• BREAK-POINT idoc_data-docnum.
  • BREAK-POINT idoc_data-segnam.

You can see those valued in SM21 then (if the userexit works fine).

Regards,

Klaus

7 REPLIES 7

former_member195402
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for function group XTRK has application type 'S' try to debug with option SYSTEM DEBUGGING is on.

If the break-point is reached (although no system debugging is on) there should be an entry in the system log (tcode SM21). If you have no rights for system debugging, you can pass values thru break-points:

• BREAK-POINT idoc_data-docnum.
  • BREAK-POINT idoc_data-segnam.

You can see those valued in SM21 then (if the userexit works fine).

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Thanks for reply. Can you help me in setting system debugging for this FM EXIT_SAPLV55K_020

I tried to do this

(1) Go to main program SAPLXTRK

(2) Type /hs for system debugging

(3) Run the T code VT02N-> Output-> Repeat output

Idoc is getting triggered but it is not stopping

I can see in SM21 log that entry is made for debugging, but i want code to stop inside the user exit

Thxs

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also check from the below aspect as well.

User exit with CMOD | SCN

K.Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info.. Also i am looking for info on activating system debugging.. I looked and followed the steps ( listed above) with no success.. Any help on this is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have written the code in exit and need to test this.. Please advice how to activate system debugging from T code VT02N to call this user exit..

Thxs

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know, if you can see the system debugging option, if you are not allowed to use it. Please check the break-point solution as described above.

Regards,

Klaus

former_member192023
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you can not set break-point. Maybe this code part will not be executed.

Try to  use MESSAGE X398(00) WITH '&' '&' '&' '&'.

Then you can use T-CODE ST22 to trace the value in & and check whether it really executed.

Regards.