Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-Exit is not working for ME52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My requirement is to put a validation at the line item level in ME52 and ME51 depending upon WBS element and document type. I'm using function module exit 'EXIT_SAPMM06B_001' for doing this. For ME51 tcode, this is working fine. But this exit is not triggering for ME52 tcode. If any one aware of this type of problem please let me know asap, why and is there any other exit which will trigger at line item level and which will work for ME51 and ME52. This is very Urgent.

Thanks,

Siva Sankar.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Siva,

Please assign it to a project and activate the project .... to know if it has been already assigned to a project or not .. do this way give the user exit name in the member field of MOSAP table to get the enhancement name ... taking the enhancement name go to MODACT table and give it in the member field to get the project name ... if it is not assigned to a project go to CMOD assign the enhacement name to the new project and activate the project in order to make your exit to work ...

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Ya I checked that, project is already created and it is working fine with ME51 transaction. Its not working with ME52 transaction. What may be the problem?

Thanks,

Siva Sankar.

0 Kudos

hi,

Go to CMOD and give the project name and deactivate the project and activate it again ....check if there are green lights against enhancements under that project

Regards,

Santosh

0 Kudos

Yes Santhosh,

I checked the project status for the enhancement. It is in active state. But i dont why it is not getting triggered with tcode ME52...

Thanks,

Siva Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Is it going to that function call ...did u check that by placing the break point at the include program/ at call customer-function statement ...at the instance where you want it to get it triggered ..

Regards,

Sanosh

0 Kudos

Hi ,

This seems to be normal. This exit is used to "Determine release strategy for purchase requisitions" and only called in creation (Look at OSS Note 562114 - ME51 : user-exit EXIT_SAPLEBND_001 not performed.)

please check:

Perhaps look for the user-exit possibilities in ME52N?

good luck!

mike