Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 getting called twice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created a custom infotype - 9002 & am doing processing in the user exit - EXIT_SAPFP50M_002 (as suggested [here|http://sapdev.co.uk/enhance/enhance_hrpbopai.htm]). Specifically, I'm inserting one more record into the infotype. To insert records, I'm making use of the FM - HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION. This call is in a Z report & I'm invoking it through SUBMIT & RETURN.

My problem is that this FM is calling my exit (the one mentioned above) again! (I can see this as I've set a breakpoint in the include ZXPADU02) Since the data is same, all checks are getting passed & the same code is getting executed twice.

I'm trying to use SET & GET PARAMETER calls to prevent the second execution; which doesn't seem to be the best approach.

Is there any other way to circumvent the second call? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

KKR

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KKR,

Hope you had a look at the Include LXPADF01 for the Sample Code for Infotype 0008.

Look at it it migh give you more clue of how to use the Function Exit EXIT_SAPFP50M_02.

Moreover if you have a look at the FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION - you can see that there is a further check function HR_INFOTYPE_CHECKEXISTENCE which is being used which also calls your Function Exit - So this is the reason why your Function gets executed Twice.

I Hope this information helps you to some extent.

Encourage others to answer your queries by suitably rewarding them

Thanks

Venugopal

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear KKR,

Hope you had a look at the Include LXPADF01 for the Sample Code for Infotype 0008.

Look at it it migh give you more clue of how to use the Function Exit EXIT_SAPFP50M_02.

Moreover if you have a look at the FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION - you can see that there is a further check function HR_INFOTYPE_CHECKEXISTENCE which is being used which also calls your Function Exit - So this is the reason why your Function gets executed Twice.

I Hope this information helps you to some extent.

Encourage others to answer your queries by suitably rewarding them

Thanks

Venugopal

0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Appreciate your reply. The reason the exit was getting called twice is that the FM - HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION executes a BDC on the PA30 screen to input data. So the exit gets called again during the PAI. I prevent the second call from going through by checking the variable IPSYST-IINIT (Infotype initialized in the exit) -- It is incremented in the second call.

Couldn't think of anything better.. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

KKR

Edited by: KKR on Jun 13, 2008 7:15 PM