Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of image from OAAD in smartform...

former_member1125862
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I searched in all the forums and not got the exact solution for this, please help me on this.

My requirement is..

In OAAD tcode i have the photos of the students and that photos i have to use them in smartforms.

Can any one clearly explain what all the things i have to do to use the photo in my smartform.

It has to done through coading only.

Waiting for your valiable suggestions...

Thanks in advance,

Kruthik...

7 REPLIES 7

former_member1125862
Participant
0 Kudos

Please any one help me in doing this...

former_member209703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Unfortunately smartforms don't allow the use of images stored in ArchiveLink, only the ones stored statically via SE78, so I'm afraid your only option would be to download them and store them in SE78 as BMP.

If you can only do this through code, the steps you'd need to follow are:

1) Retrieve the image stored in ArchiveLink in BIN Format (Check FMs such as BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_GET_TAB )

2) Download that image either to your PC or the AppServer

3) Upload the file directly to SE78 (Use FMs such as SAPSCRIPT_IMPORT_GRAPHIC_BDS )

0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

Thanks for the answer..

I am trying to do as you said...

But i am not able to give the inputs for the function modules given by you...

Can you please help me in doing further.....

Thanks in advance,

Kruthik

0 Kudos

Dear Jose,

I am waitng for your valuable information regarding this...

Thanks

Kruthik

0 Kudos

Hello Kruthik,

You can import your students photos into the smart form by converting all the photos into .BMP file (Which is very simple you could open it in paint and save as BMP).

After converting please do these steps,

1. Choose transaction SE78.

2. The Administering Form Graphics dialog box appears.

3. Choose Graphic & Import.

4. Enter the file path on your PC (you can use the F4 help).

5. Enter the graphic name for the system and select the graphic type (Bitmap Image Black/White or Bitmap Image Color).

6. If required, set one of the printer attributes Resident in Printer Memory or Automatically Reserve Height.

7. Choose Continue.

So now the graphics is added into your server.

In the smartform add right click the page-> create-> graphics. in that General Attributes select the picture which you want to import into smartform using the F4 help provided in Name field.

Activate and execute the program, the image will be imported into the smartform.

If it doesn't work or you face any issues please let me know i will help you. Because just now i tested i am getting it.

Thanks,

Sri Hari.

0 Kudos

Hi Sri Hari,

I want to do it through ABAP coading, because there are huge number of students in OAAD.

Can you tell me how to download images from OAAD tcode...

Thanks,

Kruthik

0 Kudos

Hi all.

I am waitng for your valuable information regarding this...

Thanks

Kruthik