Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent - 0VENDOR value issues in one report BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue in one of our BI reports. One user (say 'A') has 0VENDOR=* in his analysis authorization and another user (say 'B') has 0VENDOR restricted to the value fetched for that user during runtime. Rest all authorization are same for A and B

In Table /BIC/AZSMOLD0100, User B is assigned to Vendor 'X'

When the report is executed,

User A is able to see the rates for various billing docs for all settlement documents nos. under vendor 'X'

But User B is not able to see the rates (rates column is empty) for various billing docs for setllement document no. under vendor 'X'

Issue#1: Is this a security error?

Issue#2: When I gave '#' as a value in analysis auth for 0VENDOR ('#' is supposed to be for unassigned values), User B is now able to see the rates for various billing docs for settlement document nos. under vendor 'X', But in additon is also able to see data of vendor's to which it is not assigned. Does '#' here means all vendor's as in '*'?

Regards

Rasheed Ahmad

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

plz try the below troubleshooting steps

1. remove # and assign value X to 0VENDOR in analysis object of USER B. try to run through RSECADMIN and see for errors if any.

2. if by giving #(as you said), all records are pulled, then see Column VENDOR in that table.you can consult BI conusltants for this.i guess Coulmn VENDOR does not have any value.

0 Kudos

Hi,

With 0Vendor='X', user B can still not see the rate values and RSECADMIN shows no error.

and when I give # in 0Vendor, it pulls data not only for those for which vendor is not maintained but also for those vendors which are not assigned to user B

Former Member
0 Kudos

No.

Again, it is not urgent nor critical etc...

Please read the forum rules before posting further.

Thread locked.

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Sep 20, 2011 9:47 AM