Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading long text using LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wizards,

Could any of you kindly tell me how to upload multiple lines of long text against the same material code? My client requires upload of long text comprising more than 500 characters in material master but the max character length permitted per line is 132.

I have tried to do with multiple line items against the same material code in my flat file but only the last line shows overwriting the previous lines. Kindly help.

Thanks and regards,

Abhik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use following loaging method in LSMW:

Object               0001   Long texts    
Method               0001   (No selection)
Program name         /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMP 
Program type         D   Direct input     

Regarding the max number of characters in a long text: There is no limit for the number of characters present in a LT. It can be more than 500 characters also. But you need to understand that in a single line of LT it can accomodate more than one line with 132 characters. So, if you need to load more than 500 characters, some data preparation is required. The lines are to be split with a line of maximum 132 characters. load it in two files, a header & then lines.

hope this helps.

Regards, Murugesh

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which program are you using? RMDATIND?

Did you fill field TDFORMAT (value = * ) ?

former_member214131
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please use following loaging method in LSMW:

Object               0001   Long texts    
Method               0001   (No selection)
Program name         /SAPDMC/SAP_LSMW_IMP 
Program type         D   Direct input     

Regarding the max number of characters in a long text: There is no limit for the number of characters present in a LT. It can be more than 500 characters also. But you need to understand that in a single line of LT it can accomodate more than one line with 132 characters. So, if you need to load more than 500 characters, some data preparation is required. The lines are to be split with a line of maximum 132 characters. load it in two files, a header & then lines.

hope this helps.

Regards, Murugesh

0 Kudos

Hi Murugesh,

thanks for the helpful suggestion. Succeeded in uploading long texts

Regards,

Abhik

0 Kudos

Hiii

im working in this object

can i get the flat file fr this program

0 Kudos

Thanks,

sharing your both files and "maintain source fields" step would be helpful. And obviously the conversion rules screenshot.

Thanks once again.

former_member214626
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhik ,

Can you please share how you have doe that .

Can you please share structure of te long text file and some test data in it  as example