Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating description of an existing costcenter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I'm experiencing a problem with BAPI_COSTCENTER_CHANGEMULTIPLE, if I try to use this BAPI to change data of an existing costcenter I get the error "Veldwijziging Valuta / Kostenplaats F9880320 niet mogelijk (er bestaan al bewegingsgegevens)", which more or less translates into"Fieldchange CostCenter F9880320 not possible (Movement data already exists).

Now all I want to change using this BAPI is the name and description of my costcenters. Could you please give me advise on how to do this?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

BAPIs are working like standard SAP transactions (mostly). If you can't change the cost center, because it has movement data, then you are not able to change it nor through KS02, nor with the BAPI. It is because of the validity periods of the cost center.

I think you have 2 choices:

- Cost centers are mostly valid in yearly periods, for example: 2006.01.01-2006.12.31-Cost center1, 2007.01.01-9999.12.31-Cost center 2. You might try to close the previous period, and open a new cost center with the right names in the new period.

- Direct table update (not nice, but if you want to update only the name, it might be useful). Check CSKT table.

Regards

Tamá

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

BAPIs are working like standard SAP transactions (mostly). If you can't change the cost center, because it has movement data, then you are not able to change it nor through KS02, nor with the BAPI. It is because of the validity periods of the cost center.

I think you have 2 choices:

- Cost centers are mostly valid in yearly periods, for example: 2006.01.01-2006.12.31-Cost center1, 2007.01.01-9999.12.31-Cost center 2. You might try to close the previous period, and open a new cost center with the right names in the new period.

- Direct table update (not nice, but if you want to update only the name, it might be useful). Check CSKT table.

Regards

Tamá