Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update view and view maintenance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, here is my problem:

I have created a Z table with two fields (ZCOMP1 and ZCOMP2) with element BUKRS and they are both the primary key and both are related to table t001 as foreign keys. So far so good.

What I need is to create a table maintenance where it shows something like this:

COMP1 NAME1 COMP2 NAME2

Where only the fields COMP1 and COMP2 are editable and the names should appear automatically after adding the company codes.

I have 2 problems with this:

- I believe it is not possible to separate the primary key fields on an update view.

- I can't add the same field twice (t001-butxt) to a view.

Any ideas??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where only the fields COMP1 and COMP2 are editable

for this create a maintenance view , include your custom table there, then in tab view flds in 4th colun choose R for the field to be read only. Generate maintenace for the view created.

and the names should appear automatically after adding the company codes

Look at table maintenance event 05.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think we just enter a new field name for name2 that in the update process you transfer data from comp2 (when get text) to new field name.

Please try.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may modify the function group to achiev this.

In the function group of the table, go to the screen and in the layout you can edit, rearrange the columns.

kesavadas_thekkillath
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Where only the fields COMP1 and COMP2 are editable

for this create a maintenance view , include your custom table there, then in tab view flds in 4th colun choose R for the field to be read only. Generate maintenace for the view created.

and the names should appear automatically after adding the company codes

Look at table maintenance event 05.

0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Take the program of generated table view maintance

This program is module pool program

Edit the same to achieve ur required functionality

Regards,

Siva