Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode compatibility ABAP Error

aalexis
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to read a ABAP CDS view and write it on to a ZTable due to some performance issues. (It is historical one time load data, I don't need this to go thru transformations every time when the reports are invoked). When I try to check the program I get an error at the INSERT statement complaining about my defined structure is not unicode compatible.

I have added my simple program with a screen shot can you tell me how to fix this error.

3 REPLIES 3

matt
Active Contributor

The important bit of information you've not given us is the definition of ZBSALESITEM_H

Oh... and for goodness sake, if you are using >7.4 ABAP, why on earth are you using obsolete statements like TABLES?

aalexis
Participant
0 Kudos

Matthew,

ZBSALESITM_H is created exactly as ABAP CDS view structure. The structure is long (143 columns) Will it help by providing the ZBSALEITEM_H? (I am asking because it is a big structure).

To me it sounds like the declaration and the usage is not compatible with ABAP by new standards. It is on a S/4 1809 system. (I am not an ABAP programmer, but on analytics side trying to read a CDS view and store it in a table, is what I am trying to do)...

if you need the structure I can provide...

Thanks,

Arthur.

matt
Active Contributor

1. Post comments as comments not as answers. As it says next to the "Your answer" text entry field:

Before answering

You should only submit an answer when you are proposing a solution to the poster's problem. If you want the poster to clarify the question or provide more information, please leave a comment instead, requesting additional details. When answering,

2.If I asked for the structure, then that's because I think I need that information to answer your question. But it might be simple enough to say whether ZB_SALEHISTITM has exactly the same structure as ZB_SALESITEM_H. I suspect not.

3. As you're not a developer, you shouldn't be developing ABAP code. You'll get it wrong - inefficient code, worst case destroying your data. I strongly recommend you hire a developer. Or go on an ABAP training course before doing any coding.