Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

type P

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I had declared a field kursf as kursf like rbkp-kursf.

When I pass a value of 10000.0000, it is giving me a short dump of saying overflow and the field is too short.

When I declare the field kursf as kursf type p decimals 5 and pass a value of 10000.0000 it is working fine.

Can anyone here let me know what is the difference if we declare a field as type p?

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here RBKP-KURSF has a field type of DEC and also its have conversion routine associated with the domain

Convesion routine name : EXCRT

aRs

3 REPLIES 3

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here RBKP-KURSF has a field type of DEC and also its have conversion routine associated with the domain

Convesion routine name : EXCRT

aRs

0 Kudos

ArS,

Kindly let me know what difference does this conversion routine make in terms of field length.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

former_member198275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The valid length for packed numbers is between 1 and 16 bytes; two decimal places are packed into one byte, whereby the last byte only contains one place and the plus/minus sign; after the decimal separator, up to 14 decimal places are permitted. Depending on the field length len and the number of decimal places dec, the following applies for the value area: (-10(2len -1) +1) / (10(dec)) to (10(2len -1) -1) /(10(+dec)) in steps of 10^(-dec). Values in between this range are rounded off.

fractional portion

Fractional portions contain the fractional part of a number and are noted independent of the number system to the right of the separator. These are the decimal places (for decimal numbers) that come after the decimal separator.

Regards