Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Type Conflict error while uploading excel file to sap using bdc

former_member612655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting type conflict error while uploading excel file to sap system using bdc call transaction method like"The receiving field has type N. Value Awaiting Liquidation was supposed to be transferred to this field, but this conflicts with the type definition for the receiving field."

The incorrect field is field 1 of the receiver structure.

Regards.

3 REPLIES 3

SimoneMilesi
Active Contributor

I doubt your issue is related to excel uploading, to be honest.

You can switch BDC mode to 'A' so you can follow step by step what the BDC does and see if you are missing some dynpros or you are passing some wrong values.

If you want a better answer and some correctly addressed help, you should investigate a bit more your problem and share with us your scenario: from the post it looks like you are mixing issues totally unrelated.

0 Kudos

with BDC, if you would like to avoid format conversion problem, just do a WRITE wa_datatab-my_field to my_field.

This will automaticaly convert to SAP output format of the field

0 Kudos

bhavani123 so?
Did you read the code you posted? Did you try to do what I suggested?
You switched mode to 'A', then? Did you run the report and followed it step by step?
Did you get the same error?
Did you check in debug if the uploaded excel is correct?

Posting the whole code doesn't add much apart the fact you upload excel with a FM and you are having an error on BDC.
I'm pretty sure all you have to do is to debug the report and check the values you are passing (or not passing) to the BDC: if you already tried that, you already found the issue.