Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to create new object key/ object type, and class type

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've entered a new object key/type based on SAP table USR02 as well as a new class type for table USR02. We are unable to process this object in t-code CL20N because field BNAME (key field of table USR02) is NOT a part of structure RMCLF. The program dumps every time we try and search off of the object.

Is there a piece of configuration that is missing? How do I achieve this fuctionality without have to do a core modification to add field BNAME to structure RMCLF? Please assist.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

check the Entry in Table AUSP...for your object key entry is there

USR02 is the table which maintains "Logon Data (Kernel-Side Use)" so you will not able to find entry in this for you Object key.

BNAME is nothing but SAP user login name or NT or User-id..

Prabhudas

0 Kudos

My only requirement is that the object is the SAP user id (which is found is several SAP tables). Should I be using another table such as USR21 as my object key?

0 Kudos

We are ultimately looking for a place to hold SAP user "attributes" and thought using the classification system would be our best bet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to add your key field to structure RMCLY the best way to do this is to create an append structure for RMCLY and add your new field to the append structure. There are several other steps to get this working. Checkout the documentation in SPRO (IMG) for the Maintain "Object Type and Class Types" . You will not need an access key to add your field to RMCLY. However you will need one to create the new subscreens in function group CBCM I do not think there is a way around this. You will also need to create a new function called OBJECT_CHECK_<object type name>.

Also check out this thread where I was trying to set up classification for a "Z" table object.

[;

<<text removed>>

Edited by: Larry Browning on Jul 17, 2009 4:51 PM

Edited by: Matt on Jul 22, 2009 3:41 PM - don ask for points