Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an IDOC from ABAP

former_member491305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I have one requirement where I have to Upload the CATS (Cross Application Timesheet) entry when ever the Sale order gets created.The details for Sale order data and CATS entry data will be entered by WEBDYNPRO screen.In R/3 side we are creating one custom BAPI in which we will call standard BAPI for the sale order creation.But For CATS upload,we have message handling issues in BAPI.So we have planned to do CATS Upload using IDOC.We tested the IDOC for CATS entry in WE19(Test Tool for Idoc Processing) using IDOC Type CATS_CHANGE01.( We kept both sender and receipient details as same client ).

My question is how to trigger this IDOC in my Custom BAPI after the Sale order gets created successfully.

Regards,

Vigneswaran S

<REMOVED BY MODERATOR>

Edited by: Alvaro Tejada Galindo on Apr 10, 2008 5:11 PM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use the Function Module IDOC IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS to populate the IDOC data and process the IDOC..

Thanks

Naren

0 Kudos

Hi Narendran,

Thanks for your reply..The FM IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS is used for testing "Inbound IDOC using Partner Profile".But can you tell me the Function module which can be used for testing "Inbound IDOC Using a Function Module".

Regards,

VIgneswaran S

0 Kudos

Hi

try FM IDOC_INBOUND_SINGLE

Cheers

/Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use WE41 transaction to create a Inbound ( setup we20 partner profile )

and create the idoc using FM: master_idoc_create and It will post based

on your config in we41

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

You may try to use IDOC_INPUT_CATS_INSERT yet this function module does nothing else but calling the corresponding BAPI IDOC_INPUT_CATS_INSERT.

Regards

Uwe