Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tray selection with LOCL in sapscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to print the document from Tray 2 always and so I set the resource name in the sapscript to TRY02. When I put the printer name in, it works fine and prints from tray 2. But when I put LOCL as the output device, it always prints from the default tray. Does anyone have a solution to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is because of your local printer configuration

Please find the documentation related to this-> this documentation i found in start> printer and faxes>select your default printer> right click> properties> help> index --> find tab > type tray> Selecting paper by type or source

If your application supports printing by paper type or source, make the selections from your application. Application settings override printer driver settings.

You can configure the printer to select paper by Type (such as Plain or Letterhead) or Source (such as Tray 1 or Tray 2). If you frequently use several different kinds of paper, once trays are set up correctly from the printer control panel, you do not have to check which paper is loaded in each tray before you print.

Your paper trays must be configured from the printer control panel before you can print by type. To configure your paper trays, see the printer user guide.

1 REPLY 1

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this is because of your local printer configuration

Please find the documentation related to this-> this documentation i found in start> printer and faxes>select your default printer> right click> properties> help> index --> find tab > type tray> Selecting paper by type or source

If your application supports printing by paper type or source, make the selections from your application. Application settings override printer driver settings.

You can configure the printer to select paper by Type (such as Plain or Letterhead) or Source (such as Tray 1 or Tray 2). If you frequently use several different kinds of paper, once trays are set up correctly from the printer control panel, you do not have to check which paper is loaded in each tray before you print.

Your paper trays must be configured from the printer control panel before you can print by type. To configure your paper trays, see the printer user guide.